Today’s post, now two hours late, by my reckoning, seems in keeping with the lovely notion of summer hours. Oh, were it true!
Sure, today the temperatures are expected to rise to the mid-nineties and tomorrow we may hit 97. Children are meandering through my neighborhood on lazy-eight bicycle paths right in the middle of the street. The parking lot in front of my building is a little more empty today than it was a few weeks ago. School’s out and the wedding season has begun in earnest.
But a closer look on campus and in Hartsville reveals a fantastic hive. Bees busy themselves in the still, hot air of summer, and so, apparently, do we. Check our schedule:
- Hartsville Farmer’s Market, June 13
- Cancer Awareness Event in Pride Park, June 13
- Screen on the Green, June 13
- Gospel in the Park, Pride Park, June 14
- Summer Business Academy, June 15-19
- Theater Camp – 101 Dalmatians Jr., June 15-26
- Coker Connection, June 21-23
- Summer Piano Institute, June 21-27
- Kalmia Gardens Eco Camp, June 22-25
- Lego Mindstorms Robotics Camp, June 22-July 3
- Screen on the Green, June 27
- Theater Camp – The Little Mermaid Jr., July 6-17
- Kalmia’s Week in the Wild, July 13-17, July 20-24, July 27-31
- Volleyball Elite Camp, July 9-12
- Summer Dance Workshop, July 20-24
Today’s molasses crinkles, decorated with hurried blops of white chocolate, are intended to remind you of the old-fashioned pleasure of making time to go outside to play with your friends sometime during this beautiful South Carolina weekend.
Come and get ’em